1. Introduction (the Company)
Mapped Asia is a highly curated talent platform that revolutionises how job seekers and millennials engage with companies while making personalised mentorship accessible to everyone. Careers made easy.
The “Service” or “Services” collectively include the Website, all webpages and subdomains therein, any successor and affiliated websites, emails sent by Mapped Asia, accounts, job apply services, mentorship services, Mapped Asia consultancy services, Mapped Pte Ltd Recruitment Services, content, any other services offered on the Website, and any other services (such as paid or free events) that state they are governed by these Terms. “Content” means any and all text, articles, images, videos, graphics, software, music, audio, information, or other materials appearing on the Website, including, without limitation, information about employers/clients, career resources, job descriptions, advice, and questions, answers, or other content located on the Website, whether created or posted by you, Mapped Asia, or any other user.
2. Standard Rules & Consent to Terms and Conditions
Mapped Asia Services are provided by Mapped Asia Pte Ltd. (the “Company”). These Terms and conditions apply to all customers who use Services. Please read the following list of rules carefully.
By using Services, you agree to these Terms and conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms and conditions, you should not use Services.
The Company is entitled to revise these Terms & Conditions or Additional Provisions as needed. Revisions to these Terms & Conditions will be displayed on this page. When, following a revision to the Terms & Conditions, you use a Service subject to such revision, such revision shall constitute a part of the customer’s agreement with the Company. If you do not agree to revisions you should cease use of the Service.
2.2 Changes to and Termination of Services:
The Company may change the product, service and other offerings at any given point without prior notice to online and offline users.
2.4 Restrictions on Use of Services:
The services, at any point, may be restricted for use based on any conditions such as age, location, or other verification parameters. The company shall impose restrictions or termination based on new user information obtained at any point through any verification or reference process.
The company will not allow the use of the services and products to any agencies or persons (and affiliates) who intend to mis-use, mis-guide, and mis-inform a further person/agency or affiliate.
You would need to create an account (“Mapped Account”) and provide requested information to access or use some or all of the Services offered by The Mapped (such as applying to jobs, browsing companies, using consulting services, events, participating in Mapped Discussions, or purchasing and/or booking Mentorship Services apart from other future services created). If you choose not to create a Mapped account, you may access certain features as a visitor and are still subject to these Terms.
Your Mapped account is for your personal, non-commercial and professional use only and you must provide complete and accurate information when creating a Mapped account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account information including any usernames or passwords and are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Mapped account. You may not create an account for someone else or allow someone else to use your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security related to your Mapped account. If your account has been cancelled by us or you have been removed or otherwise blocked from the Website due to a violation of our Code of Conduct or for any other reason, you may not continue to use the Services.
You may create an account yourself or be assigned an account by your administrator (your employer, organization, etc).
You may cancel your Mapped account at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that if your Mapped account is cancelled, we do not have an obligation to delete or return to you any Content you have posted through your use of the Services.
In cases where you use an account assigned by an administrator or company, the administrator or company may access or delete your account.
Passwords and other user information should not be available or at display to be shared by others. It will be your obligation to any actions that may take place in/via your account. Mapped Asia will assume the actions were attempted and intended by the user registered in our system.
2.6 Data and consent:
We may at any point remove information posted by users due to change of product/service or technical configurations. It is the users obligation to save and manage your data.
Users own in a non-exclusive manner all the content posted by them or their organization. Mapped Asia will retain the right to further use and manage this content across geographies multiple times at no additional cost or obligation in return.
Users give and grant for an unlimited period of time to Mapped Asia the right to publish, post, edit and otherwise use and reuse their full name, voice, portrait, picture, image, appearance and likeness, in whole or in part and in original or modified form and motion, alone or in conjunction with other photographs, artwork, text, film or videotape, in all media and types of advertising or commercial promotion and in any lawful manner in Mapped Asia’s distinction, without any geographical limit. Users understand and agree that they will not receive any compensation as a result of any use of their name or likeness as described herein.
2.7 Prohibited Matters:
The following acts and actions including actions in preparation are prohibited when using Services:
- Acts in violation of your country’s laws and regulations, these Terms and Conditions, or other policies
- Acts in opposition to public order;
- Acts which breach the rights of the Company or any third party/vendor used and associated with Mapped Asia;
- Harassment (Protection from Harassment Act), denigration, net stalking, or encouragement of discrimination in regard to any other customer, and any other act that will be a nuisance or inconvenience to any other customer;
- Acts for the purpose of sales, promotion, advertisement, inducement or any other activity for profit
- Acts which are not in relation to the purpose of using the services
- Acts which affect, alter, hack, change or destroy the data, software hardware or network of the Company or third parties / vendors;
- Acts which collect and further distribute any data or personal information
- Acts which used other users information
- Acts which transfer or lend your account to any third party, or disclose your account password to any third party;
- Acts which attempt to use the codes and other technical information
2.8 Responses to Violations etc.:
The company in the situations mentioned below may remove your account, data, subscription and other content without notification or communication. This will also apply to multiple accounts created by you.
- Breach of the terms and conditions
- If you are unable to pay the fees associated with any service or event, or the credit card (and other payment method) is unable to release or pass the funds as intended
- If the company feels your credit rating or other credibility is questionable and affected; or if you file for bankruptcy
- If an account is used by any anti-national or criminal forces
- If the account has been in-active for a duration of more than 1 year
- In the event of nuisance, or despair caused online or offline to Mapped Asia or our affiliates
The user(s) will compensate Mapped Asia against any liability, loss, damage, claims or proceedings which are arisen due to the additional use of our services or due to the breach of our terms and conditions.
2.10 No Warranty:
These services do not come with any warranty in relation to use of our services and mapped asia is not liable for any further damage arisen out of use of these services.
If the Company suffers damage as a result of a claim or the like resulting from any act of your Employee etc., you shall compensate the Company for such damage.
Mapped Asia is not liable for any damages arisen out of use of our services except in cases of wilful or malicious misconduct or negligence on part of the company.
2.12 Prohibition on Assignment:
You are not allowed to assign further duties, tasks or scope of work to third parties which relates in any way to Mapped Asia services or events or other activities.
You may communicate to the company using email@example.com or using our platform and website to raise an enquiry. The company is not liable to respond to any communication on online forums, social media websites or other public platforms.
2.14 Governing Law/Agreed Jurisdiction:
Contractual relations between the Company and you shall be governed by the laws of Singapore. The Supreme Court of the Republic of Singapore shall be the exclusive agreed court of first instance for any dispute arising between the Company and you in connection with Services.
3. Individual Rules
When the Services set forth below are used, the following provisions shall apply.
3.1 Mapped Asia Mentorship
The users confirm that all information provided is true and accurate and will update the profiles as any information changes. The company bears no liability for any physical, emotional, financial, or personal damages arisen out of contact with a mentor or a mentee (other users).
3.2 Mapped Asia Employer Branding
The content available on the platform is purely for information and education purposes and may not be shared further or copied for personal, professional, commercial and other uses. You are not allowed to share any content on any public or private platform without prior permission from both the company and the employer in question. The employer is not liable for any information shared and constitute their views and opinions about their company.
3.3 Mapped Asia Consulting
Mapped Asia owns, managed and controls all consultant information that is provided and will not be liable for incorrect or outdated information provided by the consultant. Mapped Asia does not conduct formal references or verifications on the consultants and the employer is not allowed to raise concerns arisen out of changes to consultant information in the future. In case of dispute in fees and charges, Mapped Asia retains the right to end the assignment/project. The consultant is not liable for any physical, emotional, financial, or personal damages that may arise out of their collaboration with the employer.
3.4 Mapped Asia Email
The Company will handle the content and history of communication with you in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of such communications.
3.4 Mapped Asia Events
All mentors, companies, content or information featured on, before or after mapped events is for education and awareness purposes only. Mapped Asia does not commit to verify all the information and is not liable to for any damages arising out of further action taken based on the information or content shared. Mapped Asia reserves the right to alter, cancel or reschedule these events without prior notice.
4. Rules for Companies
Companies (including corporations, groups, and sole proprietors) may use Services targeted for Companies (“Services”).
The following rules shall apply to all customers who use Mapped Asia Services.
The company agrees to allow Mapped Asia to post company information and content (this includes, text, audio, video, images, address, Instagram feed, location, job descriptions and other media) on the Mapped Asia Platform.
- Any and all business entered into by Mapped Asia is subject to these Terms and Conditions and in the event of any conflict with any other Terms and Conditions these terms shall prevail unless agreed otherwise in writing by a Director of Mapped Asia.
- No modification or change to these Terms and Conditions will be valid unless the details of any such changes are in writing, signed on behalf of Mapped Asia and the Client, and state the date on or after which such new terms will apply.
- In the event that any part(s) of these Terms and Conditions or part thereof is declared to be invalid, unlawful, void or unenforceable then such terms or parts shall be severed, and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Engagement, by or on behalf of the Client, or the commencement of work shall be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous terms of business.
Pricing – Please contact Mapped Asia staff for pricing details.
Payments – Payments are due in 2 weeks from the beginning of each month for a monthly payment plan. For annual payments, payments are due 4 weeks from accepting these terms
Duration – This contract is valid for 1 full year (only applicable for employers)
5. Automatic Renewal
Unless otherwise stipulated in an Additional Provision, Continuing Business Service agreements will be renewed automatically upon expiration of the initial contract term. If you wish not to renew, you must carry out, in advance, non-renewal procedures prescribed by the Company.
6. Restrictions on Early Termination
Unless otherwise stipulated in an Additional Provision, continuing Business Service agreements cannot be terminated during the term thereof. Even in cases where, after commencement of an agreement, you have ceased use of a Business Service, the use fee for the corresponding agreement term cannot be refunded, and the full amount of unpaid use fees (if any) must be paid.
Please note that if, in breach of the foregoing, you request a refund of use fees or refuse to pay unpaid use fees, the Company, without prior notification, may delete your data, content, or accounts, or may decline to allow your use of Business Services in the future.
7. Use by Employees etc
You are obligated to ensure that your officers, employees, group constituent members, staff, and all other persons who will use Business Services for purposes of the business of customers (“Employees etc.”) comply with these Terms and conditions.
In cases where you will use administrative authority to verify the state of use of an account assigned to an Employee etc., you shall engage in such conduct only after obtaining the consent of the relevant Employee etc. and shall show due consideration for the confidentiality and privacy of communication.
8. Fees Conditions:
You shall pay the agreed fees for Business Services by the deadline agreed by the Company using a method agreed by the Company.
In addition to fees, the Company is authorised to charge any taxes required to be collected in accordance with laws and regulations and to be paid to the relevant tax authorities, in accordance with the tax rate or tax amount applicable from time to time.
Confidentiality, Data Protection and Intellectual Property
- All information in respect of a applicant by any means is confidentially provided to the Client for the sole purpose of enabling the Client to determine the suitability of a applicant for employment or engagement
- The Client agrees to hold, access, use, disclose and store such information solely and strictly for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions and in accordance with Personal Data Protection Act 2012. The Client agrees to not disclose any such personal data without Mapped Asia ’s written consent and to not approach the applicant’s current employer
- The Client agrees to co-operate fully with Mapped Asia in respect of any requests from individuals to access or correct any such information in compliance with Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and any other applicable privacy or data protection law.
- Mapped Asia and the applicants own the intellectual property rights in the resumes/curriculum vitae. The Client agrees that it will keep confidential; all resumes, pricing and other material supplied by Mapped Asia.
10. Mapped Asia Recruitment
The client should indicate clearly when they engage with Mapped Asia the purpose of engagement and if recruitment of personnel is required. Those services will be fulfilled by Mapped Pte Ltd and applicable fees will apply. In the event a “consultant” is hired, a fee would be applicable in accordance with the terms of Mapped Pte Ltd. In the event an applicant is hired by a client during which Mapped has provided support to the job role in addition to posting of the jobs or organizing company visits, a fee would be applicable in accordance with the terms of Mapped Pte Ltd.
11. Force Majeure
Neither Party to these Terms and Conditions shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that Party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, Internet Service Provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the Party in question.
12. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated with) shall be governed by Singapore law and the Client and Agency submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.